Nursing at Bhaktivedanta Hospital & Research Institute - Transforming health care in every direction.
Nursing is an integral part of the health care system. Nursing is the protection, promotion, and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, facilitation of healing, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations.
Our Nursing Department is believed to provide….
- The highest quality of patient care, build upon continuous improvement as well as evidence-based practices, technologically precise, utmost compassionately and spiritually delivered through the advancement of nursing practice.
- There are over 203 nurses at BhaktiVedanta Hospital providing specialized care for patients in their time of greatest need: from premature newborns to trauma and critical care, musculoskeletal, oncology, psychiatry, dementia, cardiac and stroke patients.
- The nursing environment includes Inpatient Departments of Medical and Surgical Wards, Gyneac and Obstetric, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Care Unit, Operation Theatre, Cathlab, Emergency Dept, Opthal Community Dept, Palliative Dept., Oncology Dept, Home Care Dept. and various Diagnostic services.
Our Values: Extraordinary Compassion, Courage, Integrity, Spirituality in every situation!
Our Mission: Patients good health is our greatest achievement and a true devotion to healing
Our Vision: The highest quality of patient care provide science-based, technologically precise, compassionately delivered through the advancement of nursing practice.
Our philosophy is….
- We believe that our Nurses have the primary responsibility of providing personalized, specialized and safe care to our patients.
- Define nursing as a scientific discipline that takes a holistic approach to the diagnosis and treatment of potential and actual responses to illness with a goal of lessening the effects of illness, promoting comfort and healing and assisting patients to achieve an optimal level of self care;
- Transformed the delivery of nursing care in order to meet increasing demands in healthcare.
- Strengthen our practice through a commitment to innovation and nursing research;
- Accept professional accountability to patients, families and the community;
- Recognize the uniqueness of each person, and respect, protect and advocate for the individual's right to self-determination, self-expression, confidentiality and dignity;
- Believe that we best serve through collaboration with other health-care professionals who join with us in treating and advocating for those who need our nursing care;
- Believe that the relationships we build have an inherent capacity to promote health, healing and wholeness;
- Commit ourselves to support, acknowledge and nurture one another, thereby creating an environment of mutual respect and caring.
Commitment to Excellence:
- Our nurses are equal partners in providing patient care and exemplify the hospital’s commitment to outstanding medical care.
- Nursing Department function is based on shared decision making model, building upon a spiritual culture, competent and compassionate patient care. This empowerment, education nurtures patient and their families.