Pain is the cry of the ailing tissues, a warning that something is wrong. Doctors define short-term pain as Acute Pain and long lasting pain (beyond 6 months) as Chronic Pain. Long lasting pain being more complex in nature should be treated under a Pain Physician.
Aim Of Pain Management Clinic:
- To reduce the level of pain.
- To eliminate the pain completely, if possible.
- To restore the sense of well-being.
Types of pain
- Low back pain – sciatica, pain after surgery of the spine.
- Cancer pain
- Headache – Migraine, Trigeminal Neuralgia.
- Myofascial Pain – Torticollis, Tennis elbow.
- Pain due to reduced blood supply to the limbs.
- Any pain lasting for more than 6 months and not relieved by conventional treatment.