Chest & Sleep Medicine
Comprehensive Care of Lung & Sleep Health
The Pulmonology, Sleep Medicine & Cardio-Pulmonary Rehabilitation Centre at the Bhaktivedanta Hospital & Research Institute is North Mumbai’s first integrated medical facility providing essential as well as specialised diagnostic, rehabilitative and clinical research services under one roof for respiratory and sleep disorders. The Centre runs specialised out-patient clinics for Asthma, COPD, Interstitial Lung Diseases, Sleep Apnea, Insomnia, etc.
Our department offers interventional pulmonology services which uses endoscopy and other tools to diagnose and treat conditions in lungs and chest.
The department is actively involved into International as well as National Phase III Clinical Research Studies for Asthma, COPD, ILDs and inhaler devices.
Why Choose Us
- The 1st ‘Dedicated In-Lab Video (Level 1) Sleep Diagnostic Lab’ in North Mumbai run by trained sleep technicians, supervised by qualified sleep technologist & scorer and mentored by Fellow & Member of American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
- We have interventional pulmonology services available at the department.
- The 1st ‘Dedicated, Well-equipped Cardio-Pulmonary Rehabilitation Centre’ in North Mumbai run by specialty trained Cardio-Pulmonary Rehabilitation Therapist under the guidelines of the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)
- Our department has the state-of-the-art technology to treat the patients holistically.
Technology & Infrastructure
Our department is well-equipped with the state-of-the-art cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation centre, sleep diagnostic lab to offer patients qualitative diagnostic and therapeutic services. Spacious outpatient and inpatient department help us deliver comprehensive care to our patients for a wide range of respiratory disorders.
We have the spirometry and DLCO machines.
Pulmonary Disorder OPD Services
- Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD)
- Interstitial Lung Diseases (ILD)
- Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis
Sleep Disorder OPD Services
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
- Central Sleep Apnea (CSA)
- Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome (OHS)
- Idiopathic Hypersomnia
Pulmonary Function Test
- Lung Diffusion Test
- 6-Minute Walk Test (6MWT)
- Diagnostic Polysomnography
- Split-Night Polysomnography
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
Interventional Pulmonology Services
- Pulmonary Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Metabolic Rehabilitation (Weight Loss & Fitness Training)